About A.J. McDirtt
A.J. Mc Dirtt, Inc. is an earthmoving company ownership and key personnel bring over 50 years of experience to this company.
Our goal at A.J. McDirtt, Inc. is to maintain a high quality crew to provide for a safe and efficient project. Our committing to each project helps you to know you’ll have 100% effort put into every job we do.
A.J. McDirtt, Inc. has been in the heavy earth moving business for over twenty years, specializing in overburden removal at mines and quarries. Our primary customers were the silica sand mines. Now due to the decline in the oil and gas business, we find ourselves needing to broaden our horizons. Besides continuing to work with the silica mines, we feel that the quarry business is picking up and hope to continue to be a part of that. With that being said, with the slow down in the silica, we will be able to take a more aggressive position with the quarry business.
Along with that we are going to add landfills to our scope of work. We feel that's a natural direction to go with the type of work we are already doing. We have done a landfill closure and bid on several cell construction projects and feel comfortable moving in that direction.
The A.J. McDirtt Business Model
Based on the S.E.E. Formula
Safety + Environment + Efficiency = Profit
Let’s begin with the McDirtt philosophy. Do It Right This Time (Dirtt) This is not a sales slogan, but a constant reminder to ourselves. So simply put, we put the best people we can in the newest S.E.E. equipment we can. That includes having all service & repairs done by the appropriate dealerships. Cat works on Cat, Volvo works on Volvo, etc.
How do we do this?
1. McDirtt personnel are trained to the standards of the Mine Safety health Act (MSHA) This includes 8-hour annual refresher classes, task training, and some in first aid. Our work area is primarily in the jurisdiction of the Operating Engineers Local 150, so currently all operators are members of the Local 150. Our operator’s retention rate is very high, which allows us to keep the safest and most experienced people. McDirtt operates equipment mostly less then 3 years old. Serviced by dealer trained service techs to factory specs. Thus, providing the safest equipment we can for our people. Our experience mod rate has been between .73 and .74 for the last 3 years.
2. All of our service work is performed by dealer service techs. They have been trained to service equipment safely and with the proper tools and equipment. The dealer techs we work with must also meet MSHA standards.
1. Primarily McDirtt personal are trained in house cleaning and spill control. We do not have any mechanics. The dealer service techs take care of properly disposing of and recycling waste from oil services and repairs.
2. The equipment is pretty much all new enough that they were manufactured under the Tier 4 guidelines. Then they are meticulously maintained to operate at peak performance.
1. If you have good people on good equipment, you’re going to be more efficient.
2. People are willing to work harder if they’re in a comfortable, safe, environmentally efficient piece of equipment.
3. With newer equipment purchased with extended warranties you have a pretty good idea of your service costs. Any unforeseen repairs are mostly covered by warranty.
4. We primarily operate excavators and haul trucks to move dirt. We’ve found them to be the most efficient and versatile way.
5. We have years of experience in moving dirt in all sorts of conditions. And lots of it.
1. Without profit you’re not in business very long.
2. By using the S+E+E =P formula for nearly the last 20 years we’ve been able to maintain reasonable profits while still out performing our competitors.
Please give us the opportunity to bid on your next project.